Let the InCopy Team Know What You Think!

Hey everyone! The Adobe InCopy team has opened up a survey asking InCopy users such as yourself, how you use the product, what your pain points are, and what feature requests you might have about the product. This is your opportunity to share your feelings and ideas to make InCopy an even better product! So what are you waiting for? Head over to https://t.co/c0X8ne8RoI and fill out the survey. Who knows, your great ideas could end up improving InCopy for everyone!

8 Responses to “Let the InCopy Team Know What You Think!”

1. Terre Spencer says:

Create a free version of InCopy for my internal and external clients to make edits in that does not require an Adobe Creative Suite license: like Acrobat Reader does for the .pdf proofing process.

2. I would like to see the ability to manually format text in InCopy disabled at the InDesign user’s option. InCopy users cannot create new para/char styles in existing ID documents, but they can manually format test. That leads to bad habits and bad documents.

3. Chad Chelius Chad Chelius says:

Although they don’t have a free version of InCopy, you can subscribe to only for only $4.99/month. That’s almost as good as free 😉 Check out this InCopySecrets post for more info http://incopysecrets.com/adobe-incopy-cc-price-drop.php

4. Chad Chelius Chad Chelius says:

I agree David! This would be an amazing feature if you could only allow users to apply styles within an InDesign layout/Assignment.

5. Terre Spencer says:

I have hundreds of clients (about 200 firms and an average of six persons within each firm); and the projects that we work on are product-specific—meaning that when we move onto another product, the changes are good that some parties in the mix will change as the product managers change with the products. There is no way that these small-to-medium-sized companies are going to go in for subscriptions.

The reason that I want InCopy Reviewer (my name for an imaginary product) is that clients are opening the .pdfs I send them, exporting them to MS Word format with changes and I have to go character-by-character to find the bloody changes in my InDesign docs.

I STILL want a free version. As it stands, InCopy is pretty useless to me. I am the only one who can use it. 🙁

6. Chad Chelius Chad Chelius says:

Sounds like DocsFlow or WordsFlow would be a better solution in that situation. This would allow you to share Word or Google docs to other people and then update the linked content from those documents in InDesign. It’s a trade-off. DocsFlow/WordsFlow doesn’t give you the same formatting and editing control as InCopy, but maybe you don’t need it. That being said, one of the items on my wish list is the ability to store InCopy stories in the cloud and have them be editable via a web browser!

7. Terre Spencer says:

Unfortunately, these are both quite structured and “formatted” documents. I have tried both DocsFlow and WordsFlow—and they work wonderfully for other projects, just not the main documents that we produce.

Still wanting a free version for clients to use. InCopy COULD be very useful…

8. Hor Meng Yoong says:

I wish Adobe could standardize a way to present mathematical equations so that InCopy and InDesign could support it natively, without using third party add-on. With this standard, Adobe could import Word documents with mathematical equations into InDesign easily and accurately. Equations should be encoded using xml in latest docx file format.